The process of link building cannot be ignored if you want to improve the search ranking of your website, establish the authority of your website, drive traffic and boost user experience. For the unaware, link building is the method of acquiring hyperlinks from other websites and linking them to your own. A hyperlink is a way for users to quickly navigate between pages on the Internet. Search engines make use of links to crawl the web. This is why acquiring high-quality links is crucial and it can put you ahead of your competition.
Below, Nhance Digital’s team of link builders have explained the types of links that are important to your website and SEO efforts.
Inbound links or backlinks
Backlinks are incoming hyperlinks from other websites to your website. As per Google, backlinks are one of the three most vital ranking factors. But, whilst webmasters earlier used to get as many backlinks as possible to enhance search rank, that is no longer the correct approach. Quality matters when it comes to backlinks and this is how you can get them.
- Craft content that is valuable and interesting –Creating valuable content that generates links organically from websites wanting to share the content with their visitors is the best way to get high-quality backlinks.
- Find high-authority domains –Backlinks coming from high-authority domains are considered to be trustworthy by Google. So, look for domains with the .gov (government domains) or .edu(educational domains) extension as they are known to provide good quality links.
- Search for good linking candidates and request them to link to your website – This is where you have to carry out a thorough analysis of your competitors and find out what websites are linking to their website. We can help you in finding out where your competitors are getting their backlinks from. Once you have that list and have created your content, the next step is reaching out to those website owners, and other influencers and online authorities in your niche, and ask them to link to your website.
- Disavow or remove bad links – Anyone can link to your website, which means you have to be vigilant and check regularly for links that can hurt your website’s ranking. If you find low-quality links, disavow them or contact the source and ask them to remove it.
- Focus on link diversity –Google puts a lot of emphasis on link diversity. This is why we recommend getting links from different quality websites instead of getting many links from one website.
Outbound links are those links that are sent from your website to other websites. After backlinks, outbound links are the most crucial type of link that can boost your website’s search ranking.
For this, you need to go through the content available on your website and identify those places where outbound links might be useful to your website visitors. You can link your content to a research or a more in-depth piece of content.
When you create outbound links to quality websites, you are providing both value to your visitors and augmenting the authority of your website.
Internal links are those links that go to other webpages within the same website. This helps website visitors find relevant and related content on your website, which makes them stay longer.
Furthermore, internal links help search engines comprehend the structure of your website, see how the content found on your website is related, and recognise the most crucial pages on your website. All of this can help increase your search rankings and make it easier for users to find your content.
Every time you add a new blog post or any other type of content, make sure to be on the lookout for opportunities to link related content existing on your website to the new post. For this, you have to conduct a content audit to find the most popular pages on your website and insert a link on those webpages to other relevant content so that link authority is spread out throughout your website. You must also ensure to use anchor text that contains relevant keyword relating to the destination page. It should not be something generic like, read here or click here.
In addition to the above-mentioned link building types, we also spend considerable time in obtaining links manually for our clients. This is where we put in a lot of time and effort in contacting other bloggers and website owners, and request them to link to our clients’ websites. But, what we do not engage in is self-creating links as that is a method used by black hat link builders to fool the search engines. This type of link building only fetches bad links and as a leading link building agency in the UK, we at Nhance Digital only render white hat link building solutions.
Do you need help with building links? Call us.